FSC® is an NGO (non-governmental organization) which has made the protection of forests its mission. Members of the organization are individuals and associations as well as representatives of various interest groups. The central concern of the FSC® is to ensure responsible forest management in accordance with local interests. Today, the FSC® is represented in over 80 countries worldwide and is therefore internationally active. In addition to wood, FSC®-certified products include products made of wood or wood fibers, thus paper or cardboard as well. For processing companies in the paper and packaging industry, appropriate FSC® certification means complete product chain certification: from the forest to the end customer.
Principles: In addition to the rights of indigenous peoples and the safeguarding of biodiversity, the principles of FSC® also include economic efficiency and product diversity. These goals are achieved by setting and reviewing uniform standards that ensure that social, economic and ecological needs are met. For consumers, the purchase of FSC®-certified products or packaging guarantees a positive use of global forest resources.
FSC® at LESER: We, at LESER, have decided to have our product chain certified in order to guarantee production according to the international FSC® standards and to meet our own standards. Meanwhile, the FSC® seal exists in various designs and gradations. In our case, our certified packaging carries the “FSC® Mix” seal. It ensures that the processed wood is at least 70 percent FSC® certified or approved recycled material and the remaining maximum 30 percent meets Controlled Wood requirements. Feel free to ask us about our FSC®-certified packaging!