0150 RECYCLE series
Despite all the intensive efforts and constant research by the packaging manufacturers, the consumer really only has one image in mind when he thinks of packaging: the mountains of garbage that it creates. According to the Federal Environment Agency, around 70 % of all packaging in Germany was recycled in 2019 - for paper and cardboard it was as much as 87.6 %. The resulting packaging waste is nevertheless at a record high of 18.72 million tons - not least due to the increasing online commerce. And the remaining proportion of packaging still ends up in landfills or is sent for energy recovery.
Admittedly, the reservations about packaging on the part of end consumers are not even entirely unjustified. After all, packaging that is produced unnecessarily or cannot be recycled is harmful to our consumption of raw materials and our environment in general. And as the consumer's zeitgeist changes, so do the needs of our customers: jewellers and suppliers from other industries.
In addition to reducing the amount of materials used and using positive, certified products, we have therefore also set ourselves the task of increasing the proportion of recycled packaging in our product range. The result is consistently genuine recycled packaging - 100%! None that says "recycled" on it, but in fact only a minimal proportion of the materials used come from recycled products. So let's get straight to the recycled materials...
Materials & Components
As mentioned above, all components of our recycled cardboard packaging are made from recycled materials. And that is what we mean!
The paper from which the pre-cut parts for the cover of our packaging are made is also obtained 100% from recycled materials. About 60% of the fibres come from post-industrial products and the other 40% of the fibres actually come from consumer waste disposal. The paper on the packaging can then be finished with a noble hot foil embossing and thus serve your branding.
Last but not least, even the foam of our inserts is made of 100% recycled materials, giving it a second life instead of being thermally recycled. This is often the case with plastics and foams due to the difficult sorting of materials and the high energy values. The foam is processed and merged into new inserts and still guarantees the same properties for your precious jewellery as conventional foam inserts: no damage and no tarnishing!
300 % recycling
The finished packaging of the 0150 RECYCLE series: 300 % recycling ;)
Instead of producing new packaging materials from precious raw materials, we simply reuse already used ones. This gives all the materials used in our packaging a meaningful secondary use. They enter the material cycle again instead of being disposed of without further ado. A packaging that is definitely resource-saving: And so far the most resource-saving packaging we know.
By the way, our 0150 RECYCLE series recycling packaging was produced in accordance with the FSC® guidelines. FSC®-certified packaging stands for responsible use of the world's forests and guarantees customers and end users fair treatment of these sensitive ecosystems, flora and fauna. Our licence number is: FSC® C144083. You can find more FSC®-certified packaging in our range here: GreenPack.
Sizes, measures & colours
Our standard sizes, which you can now also purchase from us in smaller quantities, are available in the 2 colours brown and black in the following 4 sizes:
As a further highlight, we have added the recycled jewellery packaging in a new colour shade to our standard range. The combination of light grey and delicate rosé has a particularly noble effect and offers an appealing look.
Discover the 0150 RECYCLE series in our online shop!
For more information on environmentally friendly materials and packaging for jewellery products, please visit our interactive page on sustainable jewellery packaging.
Individual colours & sizes
From a quantity of 1,000 pieces, it is possible to produce the resource-saving jewellery boxes entirely according to your individual ideas. The colour palette ranges from classic colours such as white and grey to strong natural green and delicate pastel colours. Below you can see an excerpt of our pastel colours baby blue, pink, petrol and beige. (Enlarge by right-clicking!) Also in these colours 100 % recycled!
We can also produce recycled packaging for other industries and products in larger formats. Contact our team of advisors regarding a desired size and colour! You can send us your enquiry using the contact form below and you will receive a prompt response.